I was invited to participate on a panel discussion at NIWeek 2013 entitled, “Is Your RF Test Bench Obsolete?” The five panelists were:
- Doug Johnson, Director of Engineering at Qualcomm Atheros
- Wade Lowdermilk, Chief Technology Officer at RADX Technologies
- Larry Desjardin, Founder of Modular Methods LLC
- David Vye, Editor in Chief at Microwave Journal
- Jin Bains, Vice President of RF R&D at National Instruments
Moderated by NI’s David Hall, the panel became a spirited discussion about the changes affecting the RF test ecosystem. We touch on PXI, AXIe, benchtop instruments, and new paradigms for the industry. We addressed the question of limits to modular instrument measurement precision, and whether bench instruments might ever be modular.
Best of all, the discussion was recorded.
View it here: